Please be aware that there are many different factions slithering around in “the swamp.” And they are all willing to cooperate with each other, as long as they all keep getting what they want. Some want money, some want power, some want both, and some just don’t like We The People and the whole concept of The United States in general.
We The People are definitely out on the plank, and “the swamp” has a sword at our backs, pushing us further out all the time. Our country as a whole seems to be getting more and more comfortable with the idea of socialism. Here, let’s take a look at the socialist/communist leaning denizens of “the swamp,” and how successful they have been spreading the cancer of socialism and communism within our great country.
“The goal of Socialism is Communism.” – Vladimir Lenin
How close is America to fulfilling various planks, of the 10 planks, in the communist manifesto, written by Karl Marx in 1848?
Where do you think the United States lies in regards to these goals of a communist society?
- Abolition of private property in land and application of all rents of land to public purpose.
- A heavy progressive or graduated income tax.
- Abolition of all rights of inheritance.
- Confiscation of the property of all emigrants and rebels.
- Centralization of credit in the hands of the state, by means of a national bank with state capital and an exclusive monopoly.
- Centralization of the means of communication and transportation in the hands of the state.
- Extension of factories and instruments of production owned by the state; the bringing into cultivation of waste lands, and the improvement of the soil generally in accordance with a common plan.
- Equal obligation of all to work. Establishment of Industrial armies, especially for agriculture.
- Combination of agriculture with manufacturing industries; gradual abolition of the distinction between town and country by a more equable distribution of the population over the country.
- Free education for all children in government schools. Abolition of children’s factory labor in its present form. Combination of education with industrial production, etc. etc.
My commentary on each of the planks:
- You might be surprised to learn that almost 40% of all land in the United States is either owned by the federal government or state government. Only 4% of Alaska is private land. And only 12% of Nevada is private land.
- I think we have the tax part down.
- The government has attacked the rights of inheritance by way of excessive punitive taxes.
- The government has a wide birth in this area when it comes to the rights of the IRS and various other agencies regarding the confiscation of property.
- Have you ever heard of the Federal Reserve System?
- Communication and transportation in the United States are controlled and regulated by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC).
- I think we’re doing pretty good about avoiding this plank, although our government is involved in a myriad of price support subsidies across a wide spectrum of goods and services.
- I don’t think the liberals will be trumpeting this particular plank.
- I think Marx over-thought this one. This is an unneeded plank, and a plank that isn’t even present in countries that are communist.
- We already have free education for K-12. Is free college next?
“The best way to take control over a people and control them utterly is to take a little of their freedom at a time, to erode rights by a thousand tiny and almost imperceptible reductions. In this way, the people will not see those rights and freedoms being removed until past the point at which these changes cannot be reversed.” – Adolf Hitler
We may not agree on everything, but we all should be able to agree that this is definitely happening, and that “the swamp” are the perpetrators. Socialism is being heralded now as an acceptable and even a desirable option.
“If Socialists understood economics, they wouldn’t be Socialists.” – Nobel Prize winner in Economics, Friedrich Von Hayek
Thanks to President Trump, some of these planks are getting a little less stable in the communist platform within the United States.